SmartFi requires the use of Two-Factor Authentication on your account.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) greatly increases security by requiring both your password and another form of authentication.
You can use any Two-Factor Authentication application, but for the purposes of this article we will use Google Authenticator.
Once you have download Google Authenticator on your mobile device, follow these steps to enable 2FA:
- Go to your Account tab and click on Security in the sidebar menu
- Copy security key and save it somewhere safe.
- Open Authenticator app on your device and click the '+' sign or "add account" to add a new account
- Select 'Scan a QR code'
- Scan the QR code shown on your SmartFi account
- Your Authenticator app will generate 6 digit code for your newly added SmartFi account
- Enter your 6 digit number generated by the Authenticator app in text box.
- Click on Enable 2FA